Oral Pathology and Maxillofacial Surgery
1. Structure and organization:
The Department of Oral Pathology and Maxillofacial Surgery currently employs 20 people, including:
* 11 staff members:
- 1 Assoc. Le Van Son
- 1 Dr. Dang Trieu Hung, Head of Department
- 7 Masters including Nghiem Chi Phuong, Luong Thi Thuy Phuong, Nguyen An Nghia (studying abroad for Ph.D. students), Truong Manh Nguyen, Ta Anh Tuan, Nguyen Hoang Minh, and Nguyen Truong Minh.
- 2 Bachelor of Nursing: Tran Xuan Hieu, Le Duc Bang
* 10 part-time officers:
- Assoc.Prof.Dr. Pham Hoang Tuan, Hanoi National Hospital of Odonto-Stomatology
- Assoc.Prof.Dr. Le Ngoc Tuyen, Hanoi National Hospital of Odonto-Stomatology
- Dr. Nguyen Dinh Phuc, Vietnam - Cuba Hospital in Hanoi
- Dr. Nguyen Khanh Long, Vietnam - Cuba Hospital in Hanoi
- Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Hong Ha, Viet Duc Hospital
- Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Quang Binh, Hanoi National Hospital of Odonto-Stomatology
- Dr. Trinh Hong My, Bach Mai Hospital
- Dr. Le Thu Hai, 108 Hospital
- Dr. Nguyen Tan Van, Hanoi National Hospital of Odonto-Stomatology
- Ths. Nguyen Manh Thanh, Program Development Center
- Ths. Le Van Nam, Viet Duc Hospital
2. Main Mission
2.1. About the training
2.1.1. Formal training
- In terms of professional expertise: teaching the following:
+ University: Y5 General, Bachelor of Nursing, Y2, Y4, Y5, Y6 specializing in Odonto-Stomatology.
+ Postgraduate: Specialization I, Specialization II, Residency, Master's degree, Ph.D. in Odonto-Stomatology.
The total number of teaching hours for the entire subject is 1715. There are also 245 hours of test preparation, marking, and graduation instructions, as well as 350 hours of Scientific Research.
2.1.2. Continuous training (according to social needs)
- Nursing, dental assistant
- Implant class
1.2. Unit development activities
- There have been changes in the personnel arrangement to suit teaching and clinical practice in the last academic year: 05 full-time lecturers and 02 nurses working regularly at Hanoi University Medical Center, 02 permanent lecturers working regularly at Hanoi National Hospital of Odonto-Stomatology, and 01 permanent lecturers working at Viet Duc Hospital.
- Professional training and retraining status and results: Currently, the department has 5 staff members pursuing Ph.D. students in the nation and 1 overseas.
1.3. Medical consultation and treatment in dental clinics
The full-time professors work at facilities related to oral and maxillofacial surgery, where the Department has participated in medical assessment and treatment.
1.4. Union work
- The Department always fully complies with the Party's guidelines and policies, legislative action, and Institute and University rules and regulations.
- Participating in political and professional events, conferences, seminars, and humanitarian visits in the community...
- Fully implementing the regimes and policies for all department personnel.
- Internal unity is well maintained, as is thrifty behavior, anti-waste, anti-corruption, and other social ills.
1.5. Additional missions
+ Advising Ph.D. students, graduate students, residents, and Specialist Doctors II on thesis and graduation theses;
+ Participating in committees for grading Ph.D. students, graduate students, residents, majors II, and defending graduation theses;
+ Attend medical examinations and treatments at medical examination and treatment facilities (National Hospital of Odonto-Stomatology in Hanoi, Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Viet Duc Hospital)
+ Other tasks as delegated by the Training Institute
Scientific research activities:
Implement 05 subjects
5 professors have successfully guided: 1 Doctor of Specialization II thesis, 1 master's thesis, and 1 residency doctor's graduation thesis.